sábado, 26 de noviembre de 2011

My 100 frame contest entry!



This is my first entry for an animation contest. I had a blast working on it, because it gave me a real challenge to practice my skills and to learn more.

I would advise every other aspiring animator to try and submit to as many animation contests as you can, for some reasons:

  • You would have to restrict yourself to work on a deadline, thus limiting your procastination time and maximising your productivity. In animation, proficiency is not everything, but it will help you to alwayas get better at your game.

  • You can compare your work to the one made by fellow animators. It should be a humbling experience to see the quality of the work that's been done nowadays.
  • You can get your name and your work out there! This is really important for biulding a reputation in our field.
  • You can most of the time get constructive critisism on your work, and give your own opinion on your peer's work. There is never too much feedback, and it will help you get better at your work a lot faster.

You could also win it, but who cares about that, right?


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario